Carehab 2020 to be held at Max Atria at the Singapore Expo from 14th to 15th February 2020 will be in conjunction with the 6th Singapore Rehabilitation Conference.
Singapore | 6th January 2020
Jointly organized by SingEx Exhibitions and the Society of Rehabilitation Medicine (Singapore) (SRMS), Carehab - Singapore Rehabilitation Conference 2020 is an interdisciplinary platform for rehabilitation medicine.
Organized as a renewed partnership between both organizing parties the event is set to bring together the healthcare community. It will provide an outlet to address industry challenges, showcase good practices and encourage collaboration across the different institutes and regions - with the goal of elevating healthcare standards in Asia.
The two-day conference will cover a range of pertinent topics including neuro rehab, intensive care unit (ICU) rehab, sports rehab, amputee rehab, spinal cord injury rehab and paediatric rehab, among many others.
"SingEx Exhibitions is delighted to be co-organising CAREhab 2020 with the Society of Rehabilitation Medicine (Singapore), an association that we have been creating synergies with from the very beginnings of the show in years past. Delegates can expect a carefully curated, strong academic programme, covering a full spectrum of rehabilitation topics. A common thread this year is independence; from a heart-warming performance by the Aphasia SG choir, formed by stroke survivors and aphasia patients, to an anecdotal sharing session by para-athlete Aaron Yeo from Team Singapore, the conference aspires to exemplify a patient's journey towards reintegrating into society. With healthcare professionals from around the world gathering in one space, we are looking forward to facilitating new conversations and collaborations within the industry," said Jeong Han Lee, Cluster Director, Sustainability, at SingEx Exhibitions.
Organising Chairperson of the 6th Singapore Rehabilitation Conference, Adj. Asst. Prof. Geoffrey S Samuel, Consultant at the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at Singapore General Hospital, said: "The Society of Rehabilitation Medicine (Singapore), in partnership with SingEx, put together a well thought out and relevant scientific programme. This year's programme features practitioners from acute to chronic phase rehabilitation showing off their best in local practices and new developments. It will be a basis for developing national rehabilitation programmes in light of the national agenda put forward by the Ministry of Health to better support the rehab needs of Singaporeans, while also highlighting these achievements to our regional colleagues."
Through the various continuous learning opportunities available at the conference, CAREhab has always been about enhancing the professional development of individuals in the healthcare sector. This agenda will be taken up a notch in the show's 2020 edition; doctors in Singapore will be able to earn CME (continuing medical education) points while nurses can receive CPE (continuing professional education) points.
Inspiring speaker line-up including renowned thought leaders in healthcare
CAREhab - Singapore Rehabilitation Conference 2020 is set to feature over 60 renowned speakers from across the world, including international visionaries the likes of Prof. Fary Khan, Director of Rehabilitation Services at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, and Prof. Cathy Stinear, Director of the Clinical Neuroscience Laboratory at The University of Auckland. The conference speaker line-up will also comprise of medical professionals from Singapore's healthcare sector, including Assoc. Prof. Peter Lim, Senior Consultant in Rehabilitation and Former Founding Head of the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at Singapore General Hospital, and Dr. Effie Chew, Senior Consultant in Rehabilitation Medicine in the Division of Neurology at National University Hospital.
Some of the speaker session highlights include:
- Prof. James McDeavitt, SVP and Dean of Clinical Affairs, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Chief Clinical Integration Officer at Baylor College of Medicine in the US will shine a spotlight on rehab professionals going through learned helplessness. His plenary lecture, "Ten Little Things", will see him discuss the practical steps that can be taken to help promote positive professional change.
- Adj. Assoc. Prof. Tjan Soon Yin, Head of Department and Senior Consultant of Rehabilitation Medicine at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, known for his interest in new innovations in rehabilitation delivery including game-related rehab, will be speaking on amputee rehabilitation and management.
- Prof. Michael Nilsson, Director of the Centre for Rehab Innovations and Global Innovation Chair of Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Newcastle, will be sharing more on how deep machine learning can help determine the clinical decision tools to support the stratification of patients to individually tailored rehabilitation programmes in hospital and community settings.
- Dr. Ng Zhi Min, Consultant in the Department of Paediatrics at KK Women's and Children's Hospital, will be speaking on multidisciplinary management of the hip in children with long-term neurological condition.
- Dr. Teoh Chin Sim, Senior Consultant and Clinical Director of the Sports Medicine Centre at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, also Singapore's first female sports physician, will be discussing the topic of spinal cord injuries among sports professionals. For the complete listing of speakers, visit https://www.carehab-singapore.com/src-speakers.